CoachCare will coordinate with clinics during implementation to assist in importing meals or food items into the CoachCare platform. This will allow the mobile app to display a listing of predefined meals or food items to patients when logging consumed food. Specifically, a custom tab will be added to the left of the 'Search' meal logging tab. Please direct any questions regarding data format, details, or process to firstname.lastname@example.org. This document is divided into three areas:
1. Main Steps
The process to import clinic meal or food items into CoachCare consists of the following five steps:
- Clinic to create Excel spreadsheet of meal/food items
All meal/food information that is to be imported into CoachCare must be entered into either a CSV of Excel spreadsheet file. Clinics must use the template spreadsheet file located at the bottom of the page in the Spreadsheet Template and Samples section.
- Clinic to compile images
Typically, clinic meal or food items will contain images. If you would like to include images for food items, please:
- Create a PNG version of each image
- Each image should be square, and preferably be between 500px - 1000px square.
- Limit the size of each image to 500kb
- Each file should be titled with the 'name' of the meal item as listed in the spreadsheet
- Create a zipped/compressed file of all the images
- Clinic to share Excel spreadsheet with CoachCare
Once the template spreadsheet is complete, please email the file to email@example.com. In the email, please be sure to include the name of your clinic. In addition and if applicable, please attach the zipped/compressed file that contains all images.
- CoachCare to import entries
After all spreadsheet has been received, CoachCare will schedule a data import session. Typically, this will have an approximately 3-6 day turnaround. If issues are encountered regarding the data formatting and/or validity of the spreadsheet files, CoachCare will provide feedback to the clinic and require that the issues be corrected before continuing.
- CoachCare to release new or updated app that exposes new meal tab
Once the entries have been imported, an initial or updated release of the mobile app (both iOS and Android) must be coordinated. The implementation team will coordinate with the clinic contact to discuss any additional steps the clinic is required to take to complete this process, or communicate the anticipated date of mobile app release.
2. Detailed Notes on Spreadsheet Template
Please direct any questions regarding data format, details, or process to firstname.lastname@example.org. The template uses one row for each meal or food item. The fields are as follows:
- This is the only required field. It is unlikely that any clinic-specific meal or food item is only listed with a name, but none of the other fields (such as the various nutrients) are required.
- This is the name of the item, as it will appear to the users in the app.
- If available, the UPC code for the product to match during a barcode scan.
- The readable description of the serving size. For many single-serve items, this may be 1 serving or 1 package. Other examples are 1 bar, 5 tbsp, 3 packets.
- The quantity (number) of the selected units in a single serving. This may be, for example, the 8 in ounces or 250 in mL.
- The unit in which a serving size is tracked. This may be, for example, the 8 ounces or 250 mL.
- The following fields are the simply the numbers of the particular macro or micro nutrient, in the unit type listed:
- Available carbohydrates (g)
- Calcium (mg)
- Calories (kcal)
- Total carbohydrates (g)
- Cholesterol (mg)
- Total fat (g)
- Saturated fat (g)
- Monounsaturated fat (g)
- Polyunsaturated fat (g)
- Trans fat (g)
- Fiber (g)
- Potassium (mg)
- Protein (g)
- Sodium (mg)
- Total sugar (g)
- Added sugar (g)
- Iron (mg)
- Vitamin C (mg)
- Vitamin A (μg/mcg)
- Vitamin B (μg/mcg)
- Vitamin D (μg/mcg)
3. Spreadsheet Template and Samples
Download the Meal_import_template.xlsx file from our Google Drive link. This is the file your clinic will complete and, as per the instructions above, email a completed version to email@example.com. Please note that there are two sheets. Please enter and modify data only in the Meals sheet. The additional sheet named Calculated Data is for the CoachCare implementation team's use only.
View a sample template file with various meal entries. This